In no event will I be liable to any party
(i) for any direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, and the like), or any other damages arising in any way out of the availability, use, reliance on, or inability to use my Bad Numismatic Traders page and its information, even if I have been advised of the possibility of such damages, and regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise.
(ii) for any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies in, or destructive properties of any 'information'.
(i)This list can change at anytime.
(ii)This list is provided as a public resource for numismatists.
(i)No party will hold me responsible/liable for any and all damages/losses to anyone who gets ripped off on any and all deals with any and all traders listed on this web page.
(ii)No party will hold me responsible/liable for any and all damages/losses to anyone who collects coins, paper money, medals, exonumia (including, but not limited to, tokens) and other elements of numismatics for investment, as the numismatic/precious metals market can take unpredictable turns at anytime, anywhere in the planet Earth or the universe.
(i)Please don't send unsolicited, harassing, obscene or threatening e-mail or s-mail (snail mail) to anyone listed on this page.
(ii)Please don't "spam" (including, but not limited to, sending junk e-mail, unsolicited commercial e-mail, unsolicited bulk e-mail and mailbombing) anyone listed on this page.
(iii)You are responsible/liable for your own actions and you will not hold me responsible/liable for your own actions.
(i)Remember that the goal of numismatics (coin collecting) is to have fun, and not to be greedy.
(i)By reading any or all contents of this web pages (and their links), you will abide by all terms of this disclaimer.
This page is always under construction.
In every hobby, there is a share of good traders and a share of unsavory, unscrupulous and bad traders. The goal of this page is to tell the numismatic community (especially the younger members of numismatics) who the bad traders are, so that they don't get ripped off or burned by those unscrupulous traders.
The rules for this list are:
1. If you rip off anyone in any transaction, and you have web access and an e-mail address (if the victim gives it to me), with Rule #4 below notwithstanding (Rule regarding multiple rip-offs), I'll send you an e-mail within 24 hours of me receiving the complaint. You then have four days (96 hours) to respond to the e-mail for a rebuttal. If in the case the e-mail bounces because your account doesn't exist or the server name doesn't exist, or you don't provide a rebuttal within the 4-day (96-hour) period, or if you provide a rebuttal with inappropriate/offensive/threatening language you will be placed in the "Bad Numismatic Traders List" for all potential web surfers and collectors to see.
2. If you do provide a rebuttal, I will then contact the victim for a re-rebuttal within 24 hours. If mail to the victim's address bounces because the e-mail address is not correct or the victim doesn't respond to the mail within 96 hours (4 days), then you will not be placed on the "Bad Numismatics traders List." If the victim does provide a re-rebuttal within 96 hours (4 days), and it doesn't contain any inappropriate/offensive/threatening language, the offender will be placed on the "Bad Numismatic Traders List."
3. If a numismatics dealer spams anybody or any newsgroup, this dealer shall be placed on the "Bad Numismatics Traders List."
4. If I see multiple complaints (2 or more) against a certain dealer, that dealer will be placed on the "Bad Numismatic Dealers List."
If you like to say anything about any of the traders on this web page, e-mail me and your name/email will not be disclosed when I publish your comment on a page linked to this one.
A star before the name of the dealer means that I have done business with the dealer in question before.
For the Offenses:
Category B - Bad Customer Service is divided into these subcategories:
BL - Being too slow to ship merchandise/refund money
BR - Reneging on a deal -- It can be any of these below:
1. Not sending money to the other party for the coin(s)/note(s) that s/he bought or won in an auction.
2. Not sending the coin(s)/notes(s) after money has been received by him/her.
3. Not following through with the return policy as described in his/her advertisement.
BZ - Other Kind of Bad Customer Service not listed above
Category F - False/Misleading/Deceptive Advertising is divided into these
FA - Altering/Defacing Coins/Notes
FC - Cleaning Coins/Notes in a way that harms the coin
FD - Dipping Coins
FO - Overgrading Coins/Notes
FW - Whizzing Coins
FX - Counterfeiting Coins/Notes
FZ - Other Kind Of False Advertising not listed above
S - Spamming (in any form)
T - Telemarketing & Overcharging -- Charges more than 40% more than what (the higher of Coin World Trends, Coin Dealer Newletter (CDN, aka Greysheet), Certified Coin Dealer Newsletter (CCDN, aka Bluesheet), or the Pink Sheet (Indian Cent pricing guide, available at Eagle Eye Rare Coins, for Indian Cents only)) say the price of a properly graded coin would be for a majority of coins (and appears on Home Shopping Channels, Sunday Newspaper Inserts, etc.)
Here is the list of numismatic traders/traders who I have received unsatisfactory reports on: (in NO particular order)
Bad Traders With Web Pages:
|Name||URL||Date Added||Comments||Offenses||On the Numismatic Death Penalty (NDP)?|
Bad Traders With E-mail:
|Name||Date Added||Comments||Offenses||On the Numismatic Death Penalty (NDP)?|
|*M. Earl Kennedy||Last e-mail address Mickmick12@aol.com bounced||May 25, 1997||Comments||BR, C, FZ||No|
|*Alan Sass||AlanSass@aol.com and many other aliases||May 8, 1998||Comments||BL, BR||Yes|
Bad Traders With No Web Pages or E-mail:
|Name||Where is this trader located?||Date Added||Comments||Offenses||On the Numismatic Death Penalty (NDP)?|
|Charles Benner||Pasadena, MD||November 5, 1997||Comments||BR||No|
|"Dr. Robert Greco"||Somewhere in Florida||January 5, 1998||Comments||C||No|
|"Stuart Long"||Somewhere in Florida||January 5, 1998||Comments||C||No|
Scott Travers Rare Coin Consumer Protection Page
To read the comments about all the traders listed on this page, click here.
The Anti-Family Of Eagles Home Page.
To find out who is in the Numismatic Death Penalty, check the list above or go to the Numismatic Death Penalty Page.
To find out who the Bad Dealers are, go to the Bad Dealers Page.
To find out who the Neutral Dealers/Traders are, go to the Neutral Traders Page or go to the Neutral Dealers Page.
Tired of Bad Traders???? Then you can go to the Good Traders Page or go to the Good Dealers Page.
Back to my Numismatics page
E-mail: nicholas1 [at] rocketmail [dot] com